Palyoplot: R Package for Quaternary Science data visualization
This R package is in alpha testing. Click on a version to download
To install using R Studio, go to Tools > Install Packages > Install from: Package archive file, then select the downloaded file (ex: palyoplot_0.0.8.tar.gz)
THE START OF A TUTORIAL IS NOW AVAILABLE!!!
- Basic plotting (using built-in data)
- Stacked data plotting (using built-in data)
- Appending graph diagrams (using built-in data)
- Index data plotting (using built-in data)
- Setting up your datasets
Sample data files (the data below are objects loaded in the R package, but if you'd like to see them separately...)
Second set of sample data files (larger data set)
New function: palyoplot_plotOverlaidIndices() allows for multiple indices on one plot
- Updated imported library dependencies
- Internal naming fixes
- Corrected help file formatting for PDF production
- Updated import dependencies
Now uses tidyr (reshape2 deprecated)
- palyoplot_plotTaxa() now adjusts taxaGroup values when taxa with 0 counts are sent to the function (previously would throw an error due to mismatch)
- palyoplot_plotStackedTaxa second y-axis drawn in correct order
- Lots of Help file updates correcting argument names
- Fixes to plotting functions
- I genuinely don't remember but I think it was a local copy I was making bug fixes on.
- x.break was not applied correctly. Fixed
- zonation lines were sometimes appearing on the wrong axis. Should be as expected again
- zonation lines were not continuous across spaces between graphs. This was a feature accidentally removed. Put back in
- palyoplot_plotStackedTaxa() was not applying zonation lines at all. Fixed
- palyoplot_plotIndex() zonation lines were not working as expected. Fixed
- Parameter names changes have been completed for all helper functions to offer greater consistency and naming expectations.
Please see help files. Includes, but not limited to palyoplot_assignAges(), palyoplot_get2ndAxis(), palyoplot_getTaxaGroups(), palyoplot_getColorsGroups(),
palyoplot_getFontStyles(), palyoplot_convertPercentages(), palyoplot_getTaxaNamesByGroup(), palyoplot_getTaxaGroups(), and palyoplot_mergeDataUnder()
- PLEASE NOTE existing tutorials have been updated to the new naming conventions as of this version.
- palyoplot_plotTaxa() had a bug with disabling line.e10x (the 10x exagerration line) after the renaming structure.
- Parameter names have changed for palyoplot_plotTaxa(), palyoplot_plotStackedTaxa() to offer greater consistency and naming expectations.
Please see help files. This was mostly for formatting variables
- Plotting index graphs now avaialable via palyoplot_plotIndexTaxa()
- Appending graphs to create one larger graphc now available via palyoplot_appendGraphs()
- Added missing R help file
- Removed required parameter fontstyles as it isn't used
- Added parameters axis.title.x.hjust and axis.title.x.vjust for consistency with palyoplot_plotTaxa() and to offer additional formatting options
- Fixed error where plotting would fail if ybreaks were not passed in
- Fixed error where custom colors were not applying correctly/as expected
- Corrected issue where the order of taxa were not displaying as expected (first item should be far left, was far right)
- Now allows a NULL ylim (will automatically grab top and bottom primary y-axis values) for consistency with palyoplot_plotTaxa()
- Corrected built-in datasets
- Fixed correctly displaying limited dataset (based on ylim. Was not consistent)
- Now allows a NULL ylim (will automatically grab top and bottom primary y-axis values)
- Corrected error where the ylabel would not display unless breaks were specified